If you have to stay in Thailand for few months then the best idea would be to find a suitable apartment or condo rather than an expensive hotel. Most of such accommodations are fully furnished with all amenities so you can live in a very homely atmosphere.
Here are few tips that will help you search a suitable apartment or condos in Chiang Mai.
- Look for condo with swimming pool facility
The climate of Thailand is usually humid and hot and therefore you will need to dip into water whenever you have spare time in order to keep you fresh. You will find many condos and apartments with or without the facility of swimming pools. So, go for the one that provides swimming pool facility.
- Take video of each condo that you visit
When you go for searching condos then naturally you look at least 5 or 6 of them. It is quite likely that by the time you see 4th or 5th you almost forget about first two. Therefore, you must take video picture of each one and then go back to your room and along with a cup of coffee look at the video of all of them and make your selection.
- Get the feel of the location
When you travel in a TukTuk at different places to look for the condos then look around and have a feel of that place. Check for the various facilities like shopping, eating place and other recreation etc.
- No need to take appointment
Here in Chiang Mai for visiting any condo you do not need to take any special appointment. As soon as you reach there you will be entertained and allowed to see the facilities available at the condo.
- Ask these questions
Since you are in different country and therefore you need to ask following questions and write down their answers while visiting to any condo
- What is the rate of WiFi, electricity and water?
- What is the code for WiFi?
- How much initial deposit shall I have to pay?
- Is the swimming pool that I can see, available for me to use?
- Is the swimming pool free for residents?
- What is the minimum rental period?
- Do you give any discount for longer stay?
- Do you provide any washing machine?
- What other facilities are included with condo?
You must check all the facilities that they are providing and make sure that it is adequate for your living.
- Carry these items while searching condos
Searching of condos may take whole of your day and hence you must carry following things along with you.
- Bottle of water
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent
- Notebook and pen
- Check the security of the area
Usually, Chiang Mai is a very peaceful area and people are also pretty nice in their behaviour. However, you must ask if they have 24 X 7 guard facility or not.
You will enjoy your stay in Chiang Mai and you will surely love to spend time in this city.